Good luck! Just kidding. Students have the skills to do these two math pages, but they don't know it yet. This is sort of a preview for what is to come in 2nd grade during the 3rd Trimester. I am guessing you will have to do it with your child. Some will be very easy. Some could be tricky (subtracting with regrouping across zero). Just plan on doing it together and having fun with the crazy hard math they can do now.
Reading logs need to be turned in by tomorrow to count for the Read Across America Competition. I heard from many students that they were reading like crazy last week! Nice job!
Wow, what a great couple of weeks it's been in science. The excitement and enthusiasm is through the roof. Last week we took advantage of Read Across America festivities and made Green Eggs and Ham while talking about Physical and Chemical Change. Ask your child which type of change was used in cooking the eggs. Thanks to Allie for bringing in fresh, green eggs from her chickens.
This week we will be talking more about matter starting today with Ryan Regnier and some really cool demonstrations. Your child should be coming home excited!
This week in science we will be studying:
1. Which material is right for the job?
2. Mixture or solution?
Third Trimester Goals
Students have one more trimester of 2nd grade. We have a few major focuses over the course of this final trimester.
1. Students will master addition and subtraction with regrouping and working with larger numbers.
2. Students will work with increasingly more sophisticated problem solving strategies.
3. Students will learn comprehension strategies to help them understand what they read.
4. Students will write with evidence supporting their ideas.
3rd grade is right around the corner. Let's finish strong and push these guys to learn as much as possible.