Wow! I cannot believe another school year is coming to a close. Thank you for all of the support you given me this school year. Thank you for bringing me into your family and lives for this period of time. Thank you most of all for the honor and priveledge of trusting me with your children each day. I don't take it lightly.
Lot's of fun bonding time to happen this week. Here's what you need to know.
1. Wear uniforms today and tomorrow. Wear Swamped shirts Thursday to Turtle Bay. Free dress Friday. Parents, please wear an Achieve Logo to Turtle Bay also, this is your ticket in. If not, I will print some stickers.
2. I will be sending home student work and extra workbooks, notebooks through out the week.
Turtle Bay Info
This is a great trip to celebrate the end of the school year. Here's a bunch of info you need.
1. Wear Swamped Shirts and probably shorts. It's going to be hot!
2. Bring your lunch in a backpack. They will not be taking them in for us this year.
3. Arrive at school early. We will leave by 8:10. Please be at Achieve by 8:00.
4. Back at Achieve around 3:30. This will give us a little extra time to enjoy the park after driving so far.
5. If you are coming, plan your day with the weather in mind. If your group wants to go across the bridge and see the gardens, go early before it gets hot. Let's save the indoor exhibits for after lunch.
Along with camping, Disneyland, swimming, movies and family fun, don't let those brains take too much time off! No need to study for hours a day. Be smart about how you practice and your child will be primed for 3rd grade. Most students regress in their academics over the summer. A small amount of work can help them stay where they are. A little more work and you could actually make gains over the summer!
1. Find something fun to read! It doesn't have to be the right 'level'. This is just for fun reading. It will keep those brains going. Also, make sure your child reads everything, everywhere you go. Signs, brochures, menus, whatever. This is real life reading and your child can read it all now. Enter a summer reading challenge at the Butte County Library. The Paradise Library is a great resource. https://www.buttecounty.net/bclibrary/SummerReading.aspx_
2. Math work book. I'm sending home an extra math workbook that came with our curriculum. Do it! Maybe not all, but keep them busy. Or get your own workbook. Just keep them doing some math! Like with reading, make them do all the real math you do when you are out and about. Count change! Tell time! Estimate total bill at a restaurant! Look for opportunities everywhere.
Most of all, have a great summer. Get out there and explore with your kids. Science is everywhere! History too! They will be learning and exploring every minute, channel their energies for good.